In-Store and Joann.com® Return Policy
Please read the details below for the proper instruction on how to return your purchase of merchandise at a Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores location or from the Joann.com® website.
In-Store Return Policy
We reserve the right to research for the original purchase, and to limit or decline refunds. Refunds will not be given on clearance, discontinued, and holiday/seasonal merchandise (i.e., product no longer available in the store). Lost or damaged merchandise return cards are NOT replaceable.
Returns WITH a Receipt
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return it along with your receipt. A full refund will be offered in the original method of payment, as a merchandise exchange, or on a merchandise return card. Check and debit card transactions are treated as cash payments. Cash refunds may not be available for amounts over $100. Gift cards and merchandise return cards are not redeemable for cash (unless required by state law). A gift card will be given as the return tender for all returns made using a gift receipt.
Returns WITHOUT a Receipt
Refunds will be given at the item's
lowest price sold. Refunds will be in the form of a merchandise return
card, merchandise exchange, or corporate-issued check. Valid photo
identification will be required.
Items not eligible for an In-Store Return or Refund:
- Purchases initiated on Joann.com®
- Clearance, discontinued and holiday/seasonal merchandise (i.e, product no longer available in the store).
- Any item that is not in sellable condition.
- Fabric or trim that has been altered after purchase (e.g., cut, dyed, washed).
- Fabric remnants.
- Opened software, including Cricut cartridges, CDs, and DVDs.
- The Cricut Expression is not food safe and not returnable if used for foodcrafting.
- Merchandise purchased at a closing or liquidating store. Closing and liquidating store receipts are specially colored and have a message printed on them stating that all sales are final.
- Duplicate returns. The system tracks all returns made on each receipt and does not allow multiple returns of the same item purchased.
- As stated on the cards, gift cards and merchandise return cards cannot be redeemed for cash and no change will be given unless state law requires otherwise.
Joann.com® Return Policy
- At Joann.com®, we want you to be completely satisfied. If, for any reason, you are not happy with your purchase, Joann.com® will accept returns within 90 days of your purchase date.
- We do not accept returns on fabric or trim that has been cut, dyed or washed.
- We do not accept returns on home decor swatches.
- A restocking fee may apply to special order items.
- Books and opened software, including cartridges, CD's, and DVD's, cannot be returned unless they are defective. If you find your purchase is defective or damaged, please contact the Jo-Ann Customer Service Department for instruction on how to proceed.
- We are unable to process exchanges. Please return the item and make a separate purchase for a replacement.
- We are unable to process Joann.com® returns at Jo-Ann store locations.
- You will be credited the entire purchase price of the item(s), including taxes or processing fees, where applicable, and minus any special order restocking fees.
- If you are returning your Joann.com order from a Canadian shipping address, please understand that Revenue Canada will send any refund of duties and taxes that were paid on the returned merchandise to the broker and you will obtain the refund directly from Jo-Ann. In a return transaction, you authorize the customs broker to endorse any refund check issued by Revenue Canada in your name, so that Jo-Ann can be reimbursed.
- The shipping and handling charges will only be refunded when the return is a result of our error.
- Returns will be credited via the original form of payment, two to three weeks after they are received, if returned within 90 days.
How to Return an Order to Our Warehouses
To ship orders to our customers as efficiently as possible, your items may be fulfilled from multiple locations. Refer to your packing slip for accurate information on where to ship the items you wish to return.
- Complete the Return Form located on the bottom of your packing slip.
- Pack your return securely, in the original package if possible, include your completed Return Form and write your order number on the outside of the box.
- If you no longer have the Return Form, or the items you wish to return are damaged or defective, please contact Jo-Ann Customer Service at 1-888-739-4120, Monday - Saturday 9am-7pm, Eastern Time.
- A return authorization may be required for some of the items shipped from a Jo-Ann partner vendor.
- To obtain the return authorization, please contact Jo-Ann Customer Service at 1-888-739-4120, Monday - Saturday 9am-7pm, Eastern Time. A Customer Service team member will provide you with a Return Authorization Form and shipping address.
- Pack your return securely, in the original package if possible, include your Return Authorization Form and write your order number on the outside of the box.
- Send your package to the address listed on the form.
- If you received your Joann.com® order at a Canadian shipping address, please contact Jo-Ann Customer Service at 1-888-739-4120, Monday - Saturday 9am-7pm, Eastern Time for return instructions.