FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Order Information
- Shipping Information
- Product Information
- Return Information - Return Policy
- Gift Card Information
- Account Information
- Sales, Coupons and Price Promotions
- Sales Flyer Information
- Store Information
- Personalized Products
- Custom Upholstered Headboard (Skyline)
- JOANN App
Q: How do I place an order?
Q: What if I need to cancel or change my order?
Q: How can I check the status of my order?
Q: What payment methods can I use?
Q: Why are there multiple authorizations on my credit card?
Q: Are credit card purchases safe on joann.com®?
Q: What about U.S. Sales Tax?
- Packaging and shipping charges may also be subject to sales tax in applicable states.
- Sales tax will be refunded for returned items.
- Gift Cards purchased at joann.com® are not taxable.
- Items sent to APO/FPO military addresses and the states of Oregon, New Hampshire, Montana, and Delaware are not subject to sales taxes.
- We currently collect sales tax in all states except the following: DE, HI, MT, NH, OR, WY.
Q: What if I have tax exempt status in the United States?
Note: We will not issue tax refunds on orders placed prior to the tax exemption being granted. If you have placed an order and paid taxes, please contact your state for reimbursement.
Q: Can I save items in my shopping cart for purchase at a later date?
Q: How do I purchase 100 yards or more of fabric?
Q: How can I place a bulk order of a product, when there is not enough in stock
Q: An item was in a JOANN Store, can I also find it on the website?
Q: An item was in the sales flyer or ad, is it on the website?
Q: What if I can't find an item on the website?
Q: What is JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores Price Match Pledge?
- Applies to identical, in-stock item only
- Price to match must have been advertised within the past 7 days
- Includes ads for competitors
- Requires proof of lower price via original/current ad or print-out of online price
- Excludes special buys, liquidations, doorbusters and club purchase
Q: Does joann.com® offer backorders and/or rain checks?
Q: How can I find more information about an item on the website?
- Read what other customers say about an item in the customer reviews
- Read the Description tab and Shipping Info tab on the Product Detail page
- See other items by a certain brand by clicking the Shop by Brand link
Q: What is the item special handling fee?
A: For some items shipping with in the U.S. and U.S. Territories, a per item handling surcharge may apply due to the size and weight of the item. These items are noted in the Shipping Tab on the Product Detail Page. Special handling will be automatically calculated and shown in your Shopping Cart.
Q: How do I place a special order for products not found on joann.com®?
• Please refer to our Return Policy page for details.
Q: How do I purchase a JOANN gift card?
Q: What if I do not have the gift card recipient's e-mail address?
Q: How do I activate a JOANN gift card?
Q: How do I use a JOANN gift card?
Q: What if my gift card does not have a PIN number?
Q: Can I use multiple gift cards online?
Q: How can I check the status of my JOANN gift card account?
Q: Can I use a gift card to purchase a gift card?
Q: What are the terms and conditions for gift cards?
JOANN gift cards cannot be reloaded through the website.
JOANN gift card accounts will automatically close when the balance reaches zero. Any unused gift card balance will be held in recipient's gift card account. A credit card or other form of payment will be required to pay for the balance on orders not covered by gift cards. On the payment page during checkout, you can use multiple gift cards for checkout. Activated plastic gift cards are good for purchases online at joann.com® and at all JOANN store locations. Plastic gift cards are sent to recipients within 4-5 business days after orders are processed. At this time, gift cards are not available for shipping to any destination outside of the United States. A $1.00 shipping fee will be applied to each standard gift card order.
Q: Do I have to register to place an order with joann.com®?
Q: How do I sign up for a joann.com® account?
Q: I have previously ordered from joann.com®. Why don't I have a username?
Q: Why am I getting a password error message when attempting to log in to my account?
Q: What do I do if I have forgotten my username or password?
Q: How do I change my username or password?
Q: How do I change/update my account information?
Q: How do I change/update my e-mail address?
Q: Can I view my account history?
Q: How do I enter a promotion code for my order?
Q: Can I use a store coupon on the joann.com® website?
Q: Can I print coupons from the website?
Q: What coupons can I use on the website?
Q: How many coupons can be used during a store visit?
A: There are instances when JOANN offers customers more than one (1) coupon that is valid during the same time period. The register system was designed to adhere to these requirements, so if the register accepts the use of two (2) or more coupons, it is likely that the coupons comply with these requirements. Customers generally may use more than one (1) coupon in a transaction with the following exceptions:
- They cannot use two (2) identical coupons (i.e., coupons with the same barcode number) in one (1) transaction.
- They cannot use two (2) or more transaction-level discounts in one (1) transaction.
- They cannot apply two (2) coupons or discounts to the same item.
Q: Why is my coupon code not working?
- Did you type in the coupon promotion code exactly as it appears? Be sure to remove any extra spaces before or after the promotion code.
- Has the coupon expired? Or, is the coupon not yet active?
- Is the coupon able to be used on joann.com® or is it valid in stores only? To determine this, please read the coupon details carefully.
- Are you trying to use the coupon on an item which is excluded from coupon use? To determine if you can use a code on the item you are purchasing please review the coupon exclusion language, or review the product copy for an exclusion note. Please note that you can use only one coupon or promotion code per order on joann.com®. JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores does not make coupons available on the Web site to print for use in stores.
- Is the coupon valid for your shipping destination?
Q: Can I use more than one promotion code per order?
Q: How do I redeem a coupon online?
Q: Can I use my coupon code on any item?
- Review the coupon exclusion language carefully
- Review the product copy for an exclusion note
- View the coupon exclusion page, Exclusions
Q: If I forget to enter a promo code can my order price be adjusted?
A: An order may be able to be adjusted please contact us to discuss order options.
Q: Can I get a rain check for an out-of-stock item?
Q: How can I know when something is on sale?
Q: Where is my sales flyer?
Q: How can I sign up for a sales flyer?
Q: What offers are in this week's flyer?
Q: How can I report a store experience?
Q: How can I find out about events at a local Joann store?
Q: How much do in store classes cost?
Q: How long is a class?
Q: What is the cancellation policy for classes?
1-888-739-4120 for assistance. If you would like to cancel within 48 hours of the class, please contact the store you registered in for assistance, specific store details are available on our Store Locator.
Q: How can I become an instructor for JOANN classes?
- To find out more about be being a Wilton® Cake Decorating Instructor, go to www.wilton.com and click on Classes, then Instructors Wanted.
Back to Top
As part of the JOANN policy, a personalized order which contains unlawful, infringing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or profane content may be rejected or canceled with or without notice.
Q: Where can I find personalizable items on joann.com®?
Q: What types of personalized products do you offer on joann.com®?
Q: What types of materials are the personalized fabrics printed on?
Q: Will I have a chance to review my personalized product before purchasing?
Q: How long will it take for my personalized order to be shipped?
Q: Can personalized products be returned?
Please call 888.739.4120, Mon.-Sat. 9am-7pm EST, to determine return eligibility & process.
Back to Top